Edibles are food items made with cannabis flower or concentrates. Thanks to advances in the cannabis culinary arts and the emergence of distillate, you can find a wide selection of high-quality baked goods, brownie mixes, beverages, cooking oil, and treats such as THC gummies that provide the desired effects of cannabis.
Why Choose Edibles?
Edibles are ideal for patients who do not wish to smoke or are looking for an easier consumption method. They are conveniently packaged and ready to be consumed, and when consumed responsibly, are a perfect choice for medical marijuana patients.
For beginners, marijuana edibles are most likely to produce unwanted effects due to overconsumption, which can be very unpleasant. The difference is, of course, the dose.
How Much Should I Consume?
It is important to pay attention to how much THC is in an edible. Edibles take a longer time to kick in, and the ‘high’ will last longer since they are absorbed through the digestive system. It usually takes anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours to begin feeling its effects.
Therefore, if you have taken an edible and do not feel the effects right away, wait it out first, and then determine if you would like to take a larger dose. How much you’ve eaten, your metabolism and more can influence how long it will take before you feel the effects of marijuana edibles.
Because so many factors can contribute to how fast your body reacts with the cannabinoids found in marijuana edibles, the dosage recommendations will most likely come in a range of options.
Leafly.com offers a great edibles dosing chart breakdown:
According to the Edibles Dosing Chart, these dosing ranges offer a guide of what to expect upon consumption:
1 – 2.5 mg THC edibles
- Effects include: Mild relief of symptoms like pain, stress, and anxiety; increased focus and creativity.
- Good for: First-time consumers or regular consumers looking to microdose.
2.5 – 15 mg THC edibles
- Effects include: Stronger relief of pain and anxiety symptoms; euphoria; impaired coordination and perception.
- Good for: persistent symptoms not addressed by smaller doses; people looking for a good night’s sleep.
30 – 50 mg THC edibles
- Effects include: Strong euphoric effects; significantly impaired coordination and perception.
- Good for: High tolerance THC consumers; consumers whose GI systems don’t absorb cannabinoids well.
50 – 100 mg THC edibles
- Effects include: Seriously impaired coordination and perception; possible unpleasant side effects including nausea, pain, and increased heart rate.
- Good for: Experienced, high-tolerance THC consumers; patients living with inflammatory disorders, cancer, and other serious conditions.
Please remember: for consistent dosing, effects, and taste, consume manufactured edibles and check the labels for cannabinoid contents to find what product and dosage suits your needs.
Contact Flora Farms Dispensaries
Flora Farms is excited to begin supplying Missouri’s Medical Marijuana card holders with the highest quality cannabis edibles on the market. With dispensary doors opening in Fall 2020, we’re here to help you live symptom-free.
If you have any questions about proper cannabis dosing, or obtaining your medical marijuana card in Missouri, please contact us here.