Frequently Asked Questions
Can adults 21+ legally purchase marijuana in Missouri?
Yes! Adult-use sales began in February 2023. Anyone 21+ with a valid form of government issued photo ID may make a recreational purchase.
Want to learn more? Check out our guide about what to expect when you visit a Flora Farms dispensary.
Why get a medical marijuana patient ID card now?
As of December 8th, 2022 – all approved patient ID card holders will be allowed a standard allotment of 6oz (or more based on physician recommendation) within a thirty day period, with medical purchases at a 4% tax rate.
ID Cards issued after December 8, 2022 are effective for 3-years.
Medical Marijuana Card
Missouri residents are able to apply for their patient identification card. Here is a step-by-step guide to preparing for the application process:
Do you have a qualifying condition?
Do you have a condition that makes you a great candidate for the benefits of Medical Marijuana? Here are some of the most common qualifying conditions:
- Cancer, Epilepsy, Glaucoma
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress order, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medications that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
Find a Physician
To obtain your medical card you will need to find a medical marijuana clinic or physician to receive a Physician Certification. This can be the most difficult part of the process for most individuals. That’s why we’ve partnered with MMJ Recs to provide convenient, at-home physician consultations. Check out the process below!
Applying for a Missouri medical marijuana recommendation with MMJRecs
- Create an MMJRecs account using the form below, or use this link.
- Complete a medical survey.
- Schedule a consultation with a Missouri licensed physician.
- You will receive 3 emails in this process after applying. The first will indicate that your application is under review.
- After the doctor’s assessment, a second email will notify you of the doctor’s approval or denial.
- If you qualify for medical marijuana, your electronic certification will be uploaded to the MO MMP online portal within 2 business days of approval.
- You will receive a third and final email from MMJRecs when your certification is available. That email will contain detailed instructions on how to register for the MO MMP online portal and locate your certification.
If you’ve received all three emails from MMJRecs and cannot find your electronic certification, check the following:
- Have you registered on the MO MMP Portal using your full legal name and birthdate as it appears on your ID?
- Is the social security number you provided in your application accurate?
For any questions regarding your approval or electronic certification, please contact MMJRecs support at: [email protected] or 844-386-7463
Time to Get Prepared
You’ve seen the physician and you qualify. Now it’s time to send in your application along with all the required documents. Make sure you have everything the DHSS requires available to scan into the online application form. They aren’t accepting mailed applications at this time.
Here’s what you need:
- Your signed and completed Physician Certification. You will need to scan this or take a legible photo of it to be uploaded. You may be required to have two physician certifications if your possession limit is higher than the standard.
- State-issued ID or driver’s license – a legible photocopy
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- E-mail Address
- Proof of residency:
Copy of Missouri driver’s license
Missouri Identification card
- A clear photo of your face taken within the last 3 months (in front of a white or light-colored background), similar to a passport photo.
- Payment method for applicable fees
If you are a parent or guardian applying for a patient you will also need this Consent Form. This is currently just a sample. The official one will be uploaded once available.
Note: If the qualifying patient is a minor the parent or legal guardian will need to provide their name, SSN, Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form and will act as the Primary Care Giver for the patient.
Now We Wait
Now that you’ve applied and paid your fees, the DHSS has 30 days to approve or deny an application. Your identification cards are valid for one year and you must renew your card before it expires by at least 30-59 days prior with an updated physician certification and updated application. So mark your calendar. You don’t want to have a time gap while you wait for your new card.
Flora Farm’s Medical Cannabis | Missouri
Flower | Smoke | Edibles | Concentrates | Tinctures & More
How to Obtain your Medical Marijuana Card in Missouri
Questions? We have answers.